Q. How does Acupuncture work?
- Systemic balance is critical to one’s health and wellbeing – in Western Medicine, this is known as homeostasis
- Imbalance can result in disorders such as pain, injury, insomnia, digestive issues, stress, gynaecological disorders, allergies, depression, colds and a myriad of other complications
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can help restore balance so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own optimal health
Q. Does Acupuncture hurt?
- Acupuncture needles can have a certain sensation after they are inserted, but few would call it painful
- Due to the Acupuncture needles being so fine and the swiftness of the insertion, pain reflexes on the nerve endings are not even stimulated
- By the time all the needles are inserted during a treatment, you generally do not feel any of them and are consumed with a sense of calm and relaxation
Q. Do you accept Private Health Rebates from private insurance companies?
- HICAPS for private health fund rebates is available automatically at our clinic.
- We also work with workcover Queensland
- Acupuncture is covered with over 43 private insurance health funds
- The rebated amount will depend on your private health fund and the type of cover you have
Q. How long does a treatment take?
- The initial treatment takes 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Any follow-up treatments generally take 30 to 45 minutes
Q. Do I need more than one treatment to get better?
The answer is “yes”. Generally, acute conditions take anywhere from 3 to 6 treatments and more chronic conditions can take between 8 and 15 treatments. Of course, this varies with each individual. Having said that, patients have walked out of our Clinic pain free after just one or two treatments.
Our Doctors of Chinese Medicine both bring a wealth of training and experience to the practice incorporating Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Nutrition and Lifestyle Advice to help you live your best life. Find out more…
Servicing the areas of Morningside and wider areas of Brisbane
For more details on how we can help you Contact us